No Empty Chairs: "Stout Hearts" around the Table

No Empty Chairs. . . "Stout Hearts" around the table.


Wanna Be A Stout... Eat, Don't Pout.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Fridge Bran Muffins

I like to make this up and keep it in the fridge and make a few as I need them. This batch will fill a empty 5 gallon ice cream tub.

2 c sugar
1 c shortening
4 eggs
1 tsp salt
5 tsp soda
2 c boiling water
5 c flour
3 c All-Bran
2 c Raisin Bran
4 c buttermilk

Cream sugar and shortening; add eggs and salt. Dissolve soda in boiling water. Add 4 c buttermilk. Add to first mixture. Add flour; mix and pour over All-Bran and bran flakes. Mix together and store in fridge.
Bake 18-20 minutes at 400 degrees.

Shaunika Note:  I like to bake them all on the same day and then freeze all that don't get eaten.  This way I save energy by only running my oven once.

2 comments:

  1. These are great for right after you have a baby! My friend's family calls them Magic Muffins. Keeps you regular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular..I laughed out loud. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...