No Empty Chairs: "Stout Hearts" around the Table

No Empty Chairs. . . "Stout Hearts" around the table.


Wanna Be A Stout... Eat, Don't Pout.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pina Colada Cookies -


I found this recipe and wanted to try it out. I know Merika really likes coconut and pineapple so thought it would be good to share with her. I had to ask a friend from work where to get Pina Colada. I wasn't really even sure what form it would be in.
It is found in the frozen section of the store by the frozen orange juice.

When you put the frosting on it is supposed to be sort of runny and flow out over the cookie and cover the top- mine didn't on most of them.



When I make them next time I will color the cookie dough yellow as I think it will be a nice contrast to the white frosting.


Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs, well beaten
5 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
3 T Pina Colada concentrate (non- alcoholic concentrate- available in the freezer section next to cans of frozen orange juice)

Directions:
Blend the sugar, vanilla and butter together. (this is where I would add some yellow food coloring next time)
Add the eggs and mix well.
Slowly stir in the flour and baking powder.
Form into 6 balls, wrap each one in foil and put in the fridge for one hour.

Take out and deal with only one ball at a time:
Sprinkle powdered sugar on the counter and then roll out to about 1/4 inch thick.
Cut out cookies with cookie cutter (I used a Pampered Chef 2 1/2" round cutter).
Place cookies on lightly greased cookie sheets.
Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, watch them so they don't over bake.

Frost cookies when cool.

Pina Colada Frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp shortening
the rest of the can of Pina Colada concentrate

Mix the powdered sugar with the shortening and the Pina Colada concentrate to desired consistency. I wanted mine runny so I could put a blob in the center of each cookie and it would slowly spread out and run off the sides- to cover the top of each cookie. When the frosting was made I put it in a zip-lock bag and sealed it and cut off a corner of the bag to use it as a pastry or frosting bag.

By using the 2 1/2" round cutter I was able to get 6 dozen cookies with this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...