No Empty Chairs: "Stout Hearts" around the Table

No Empty Chairs. . . "Stout Hearts" around the table.


Wanna Be A Stout... Eat, Don't Pout.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Haystacks


This is a Dearman family favorite that my most wonderful mother-in-law taught me.  I'm not exactly sure why, but I have had to actually call her and ask her for the recipe several times.  Okay, I give you permission to mock me as you scroll down and actually look at the recipe.  Yup, pretty pathetic that I can't remember it!

1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup butterscotch chips
1 can chow mien noodles

Melt the chips in the microwave in a glass bowl.  I like to do this gradually, like in 1 minute increments at 50% power, stirring after each minute.  Once it's melted, pour the chow mien noodles into the bowl and stir it till all the noodles are coated.  Then scoop onto wax paper in small bunches.  Once they've cooled and hardened, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...