No Empty Chairs: "Stout Hearts" around the Table

No Empty Chairs. . . "Stout Hearts" around the table.


Wanna Be A Stout... Eat, Don't Pout.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Zucchini Carrot Cake

My good friend Rachel gave me this recipe. I made it over the weekend and we all loved it. My Dad even said it was better than carrot cake he had at a well known restaurant!

4 eggs

1 ½ cup sugar

2/3 cup oil

2/3 cup applesauce

2 cups grated zucchini

2 cups grated carrot

2 ½ cups flour

2 tsp. baking powder

2 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. salt

1 cup coconut

1 cup chopped nuts (opt.)

Beat eggs w/oil, applesauce, and sugar. Gradually add the dry ingredients, zucchini, and carrots. Fold in coconut and nuts. Bake in greased jellyroll (bar) pan @ 350° for 30-35 min., or until cake tests done. This recipe can be halved and cooked in 9x13 pan for same amount of time.

Icing:

6 oz. cream cheese

2 tsp. vanilla

6 Tblsp. Shortening

4 cups powdered sugar

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy. I have lots of zucchini so I will make it. But if you make it again before me, be sure to take and post the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...