No Empty Chairs: "Stout Hearts" around the Table

No Empty Chairs. . . "Stout Hearts" around the table.


Wanna Be A Stout... Eat, Don't Pout.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Soup

I adapted this recipe from one I found on the Craftaholics Anonymous site Cheesy Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe . It looked so good and easy. I did make a few adaptations, but essentially its the same. My notes are in red.

Cheesey Chicken Tortellini Soup Recipe

2 – 12.5oz Canned Chicken, drained -  I used 2 freshly sliced and poached chicken breasts.
2 – 14.5oz Canned Chicken Broth
3 – 10.5oz Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
1 – 15 oz Canned Corn, drained 
1 – 14.5oz Green Beans, drained
1 – 15oz Canned Carrots, drained
Instead of canned veggies (Previous 3 ingredients), I used 3 bags of frozen mixed veggies (Ours were on sale, and I dislike the taste of canned green beans.
2 cups Water
1 Medium onion, diced - I used a whole onion, diced. Ben loves onion...
3 Tablespoons Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon Basil
½ teaspoon Oregano
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese - I used 2/3 Cup, mostly by accident, but it was good.
30oz Frozen Cheese Tortellini
 DIRECTIONS
In a large pot, combine all ingredients except the Parmesan Cheese and Cheese Tortellinis. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Simmer for 20 minutes and then add Parmesan Cheese and Cheese Tortellinis. Simmer for another 10 minutes. I like to serve with this soup with rolls or breadsticks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...