No Empty Chairs: "Stout Hearts" around the Table

No Empty Chairs. . . "Stout Hearts" around the table.


Wanna Be A Stout... Eat, Don't Pout.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Amish Breakfast Casserole



It was fast Sunday so we didn't let it brown quite enough, but was so yummy.

1 pound bacon, diced (I used sausage)

1 medium onion
6 eggs -lightly beaten
4 cups frozen, shredded hash browns ( I used cubed)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1-1/2 c small-curd cottage cheese
1-1/4 c shredded Swiss cheese

( I also added 2 cups of shredded zucchini)

In large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain.
In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; stir in the bacon mixture.
Transfer to a greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake , uncovered, at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly.
Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

Yield: 12 servings.

1 comment:

  1. Last time I made this, I used 9 eggs, I liked the consistency much better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...