Try this toasted in the morning with butter and a drizzle of honey! yum!
2 c warm water, divided
2 pkgs. quick rise yeast
3 cups cooked brown rice
1/3 c honey
1/4 c butter, softened
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 cup wheat flour
4-5 cups flour
1 c raisins
1 c walnuts (optional)
- dissolve the yeast in 1/2 c water in a large bowl; let it stand for 5 minutes.
- add remaining water, rice, honey, butter and salt; beat until smooth.
- stir in enough flour to make a soft dough and then add the raisins and walnuts.
- turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 10-15 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- place in a lightly oiled bowl and turn to coat both sides
- cover and place in a warm area for about 1/2 hour or until double in bulk.
- punch down the dough and knead lightly
- divide dough in half and place each peace in a greased loaf pan.
- cover with wax paper and let them rise again for about 45 minutes or until double in bulk.
- preheat oven to 375 degrees
- bake for 30-40 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when lightly tapped.